Maui Chocolate Coffee Tours offers more than providing in-person Chocolate and Coffee tours at Kupa’a Farms. We do private in-home chocolate tastings! This is an incredibly fun and unique experience to include in an event or party. Your friends and family will be talking about it for years to come! Below we will talk about private in-home chocolate tastings and recipes.
What is chocolate tasting?
Chocolate tasting is when chocolate-loving friends gather and sample different types of chocolate, and discuss what they taste like. Check out our article to learn more about the art of chocolate tasting. When you book with Maui Chocolate Coffee Tours to do a private tasting, we will provide our very own homemade chocolate. Owner and Tour Guide of MCCT Ann Tuomela will also be there to educate and explain all things chocolate. Chocolate tasting is a fun activity and something that everyone can do! Contact us today to schedule your private tasting.
Chocolate Course By Ann
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Mousse is an ideal dessert. It’s romantic, impressive, and makes you feel special. This recipe by Jana Eats is velvety and utterly decadent. The creamy and rich Avocado Chocolate Mousse is a healthy, dairy free, gluten free vegan dessert! Go check out her website for more amazing recipes!
- 2 cups avocado (the richer, the better- Haas is a great varietal)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut butter (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons non-alcohol vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (aged balsamic is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon shoyu
- 1 cup pure cocoa powder
- 1 pint raspberries
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
Sprinkle Scharffenberger’s cacao nibs (optional)
How to make
- In a food processor: Blend avocado, maple syrup, coconut butter,
vanilla extract, balsamic, and shoyu until smooth and creamy.
- Add cocoa powder and blend until smooth. Sifting the cocoa powder before adding is a good idea so prevent lumps. A simple metal strainer works well.
- Allow to chill one hour or more in the fridge for flavors to marry.
Ready to serve
Serve in a parfait, wine, or martini glass garnished with berries, mint
and caco nibs. Bon Apetit!
Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cakes
Here is another Recipe from Jana Eats. Enjoy!
Serves 6 – Silicon muffin cups
- 5oz dark good quality chocolate, chopped
- 2.5oz butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
2T caster (superfine) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 F
- Spray cups with non-stick spray
- Place chocolate & butter in a saucepan and stir over low
heat until melted and smooth.
- Place eggs, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and with an electric
mixer beat until thick and pale. (5-7 minutes)
- Stir through chocolate mixture until well combined and then
pour into cups. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cakes
are just set.
- Serve warm with gelato and berries OR
Cool & refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve cold
with warm chocolate sauce, gelato and berries.